Our end-of-the-semester snowshoe outing is happening this coming Friday, Dec. 16, and we hope lots of you can make it. It'll be wonderful to get outside and unwind from finals!
- Meet on campus at 1:00pm in the parking lot closest to the ORC (to accommodate those who need to rent snowshoes, gaiters, etc.).
- Carpool up to Hyalite.
- Convene at Blackmore Pavilion; do an easy snowshoe hike (~3 miles) around the lower Blackmore loop. Those who want a shorter hike can turn around prior to the 1.5 mile mark. (Here's a downloadable trail map, if you want to see where we're going.)
- Reconvene at the pavilion around 2:30-3:00ish.
- Drink hot chocolate or apple cider, try to stay warm by the fire, chat.
- Depart Hyalite by 4:00 (or sooner, if people would prefer), be back on campus before dark.
In order to make sure that we have enough refreshments for everyone -- while not being stuck with 3 gallons of leftover drinks -- please click here to place your advance drink orders.
The poll is the same for both the blog and the listserv, so you only need to vote once :-)
If you have questions, are running late, need to get in touch for another reason, you can call my cell (my number is in the email I sent out on 12/13).
Let's see how fried everyone's brains are at this point in the year. Here's a quick quiz:
WHY DOES THIS NOT RESEMBLE WHAT WE'LL BE DOING ON FRIDAY?
b. There will be a lot more men there.
c. Hyalite Reservoir is a lot deeper than this.
d. We won't need rescue personnel or an audience.
e. This is actually what springs to mind when I imagine an outing with the WFC.
This is much more like it, eh?